Wednesday, October 9, 2013

God's Grace

Date: 10/9/13
Heavenly Healing Ministries
To God be the Glory!
Mon, Wed, Fri 7pm EST
Live: 530-881-1400 code: 406878#
Recorded: 530-881-1499 code: 406878#



Word of the Day


Thank you Jesus for all your blessings! Praise the Lord!
We give you all the glory! You are worthy to be praised!

Thank you for joining us today! If you are new to this blog, please take the time to post a comment on what you have read today and let us know what you think. We value your opinion. For those joining us who have followed us since the beginning, this blog is designed for Pastor Ed to give us the Word of the Day and share with us his teaching on the Word.

    Hi everyone! How is everybody doing today? Excellent I pray. Yesterday we talked about hope and how it affects us spiritually. Today, let's talk about grace. Grace in definition means favor or goodwill. It means a manifestation of favor especially by a superior. God's grace is his mercy given to us freely. When Jesus died on the cross, not only did He bring salvation, but He also handed out grace. It is freely given. You can't earn it, it can't be bought. It is simply given as a gift from the Father. When we receive a gift, we don't ask the person where it came from or even how much it cost. We take the gift knowing that person bought it for us and we say thank you. Grace is the reason the Father sent His son. To give us mercy, to give us favor. We are very blessed because of it. And all we have to do is accept this free gift from above and enjoy the benefits that come with it. And he said unto me, my grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9. Let's break this down.

    My grace is sufficient for thee. What God gave to us is good enough that this is all we need, His grace. If you're having trouble at work or problems in your family life, meditate on God's grace. It's what builds us back up when we are down. It will help us get through the day when we are feeling low. Remember, it's a gift. It was handed down from above. We just have to accept it and say thank you.
  For my strength is made perfect in weakness. God's greatness, his beauty, his strength shines ever so bright when we don't seem to have it all together. When we are weak, that's God's cue to work. He gives beauty for ashes, but in order to do it we must first release the ashes; then His strength will be made perfect in weakness. When we are weak, that's when God's strength prevails.
    Most gladly will I rather glory in my infirmities. The New Living Translation says: "So I am glad to boast about my weakness." Why would you say, I am not strong in this area of my life. People will look at me wrong. They will think I am off my rocker if I tell them I am not good in this particular area of my life. Part of having your own identity is to know your limitations. To know what you are capable of. But other people's opinions do not matter when it comes to our weakness with the Lord. For there He will be able to put a new work in us.
    That the power of Christ may rest upon me. Here it is the answer to the question. Why would state my weakness? So that the power of Christ may rest upon me. So that He may work through us and build us to His liking, perfect like the Son. Oh, how I love to have the power of Christ to rest upon me. It makes me so happy. It lets me know that God is working through me and molding me into the person He wants me to be. 

So, we have learned that God's grace is sufficient for me, his strength is made perfect in my weakness and that it is better that I glory in my weakness so that the power of Christ may rest upon me and begin to work through me. So that I may say, "Thank you Jesus, for sending your grace as a gift, even though I didn't earn it." 

    We like to close every Word of the Day by making sure you have the opportunity to ask Jesus in your heart. 
    So please pray,  Lord Jesus, I accept that you were born of a virgin, died on the cross and shed your blood for my sins to be forgiven and rose again to be Lord and King. I repent of my sins and ask that you come into my life and be Lord and Savior and live in my heart.
Amen
    Friends, if you just prayed this prayer, you are born again, and may I pray that you grow in your walk with Jesus and develop an intimate relationship with Him. Also, please send us an email if you just said this prayer. We would love to know.

Thank you for joining us and please come back everyday for a new Word of the Day.




Sincerely,
Pastor Ed
Heavenly Healing Ministries



If you would like your testimony heard, please feel free to call us on the 
prayer call or send us an email.


  • Please continue to keep us in your prayers for support and guidance in this ministry.
  • If you would like to donate to our ministry, please send us an email or visit our website.


pastoredb55@heavenlyhealingministries.org









No comments:

Post a Comment